(written by the Renewal Faction, not me)
One of the elements of the degeneration of our democratic structures has been an infestation of distractions and bad arguments, sometimes called logical fallacies, that have all too often replaced reasoned debate. If we are to renew our democratic culture, we need to recognize these problems in both other comrades’ arguments and our own. It must be emphasized that while this document was written in preparation for debate around the ISO Renewal Faction criticisms, most of the these have been going around for years, and they aren’t acceptable in any debate.
- That’s not Leninist
- That’s anarchist
- That’s anti-leadership
- The ISO is under attack!
- These criticisms should have been brought up earlier
- This is the wrong way to bring these issues up
- They’re on their way out of the ISO
- Why should we care, they’re just ex-members
- They want to destroy the ISO!
- Of course they would say that, they’re middle…
View original post 2,509 more words